Who is responsible for data processing and whom can I contact?
Responsible for data processing: Quandoo Singapore Pte. Limited, 77 Robinson Road #27-01 Robinson 77 Singapore 068896. This company is also meant if the terms “we” or “us” are used below.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at:
- What personal data do we process and from which sources does such data originate?
When we make our platform available to you for use, we process personal data from various sources. On the one hand, this is data that we automatically collect when you use the platform. However, this may also include data which you have voluntarily provided to us.
- Data that we collect automatically when you use our platform
As soon as you visit the Platform, you send technical information to our web servers. In this case we collect the following access data and web access data (which we refer to collectively as “access data”):
- the date and time of the visit and the duration of the use of the Platform
- the IP address of your device
- the reference URL (the website from which you may have been redirected)
- the visited subpages of the website; and
- further information about your device (device type, browser type and version, settings, installed plug-ins, operating system)
We process access data so that we can ensure the functionality of the Platform. We also process access data to carry out performance analyses on the Platform, continuously improve the Platform and correct errors to ensure IT security and the operation of our systems, and to prevent or detect misuse, particularly fraud.
In addition, we process access data to adapt the Platform to your needs (personalisation). To this end, we also assign you what is known as a “Unique User ID”.
- Data that you transmit to us yourself
In addition to the data we receive from all visitors, we also process other data in case you use the services we offer. We use all data transmitted exclusively in order to list your restaurant on our Platform, to allow you access to our user account and to give you the opportunity to administrate your reservations.
In order to register for a user account, we use the single-sign-on function provided by Keycloak. When registering we ask you to enter your access data. The respective SSO-provider will then authenticate you. This login data is not visible to us.
There are two possibilities for you to use our service:
- Claim a listing
If your restaurant is already listed with us, you can claim the respective entry. To do this we will first process login data you provide through a third-party signup or through email verification. As soon as we have verified your email address and you have chosen a password, your account will be created. Thereafter we will verify whether you are actually the owner of the restaurant by sending you a verification code to the phone number we have stored. As a last step, we will ask you for the following data in order to confirm your subscription and billing details:
- name and surname
- telephone number
- email address
- business details
After confirming your details and accepting our Data Processing Agreement, your account will be created, and you have full access to your reservations.
- Contact us
If your restaurant is not listed yet on Quandoo, you can contact us using the contact form, where we ask you to provide the following data:
- Name of the restaurant
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Password after successful customer account creation
After a successful verification of your e-mail address, you will have access to your reservations in your customer account.
- Other data collected
We also use Google Tag Manager that allows us to manage tools which are implemented via Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager itself does not set any cookies and does not collect any personal information. However, the tool is used to trigger other tags, which might collect data.
- For what other purposes do we process your data?
We possibly process your data for additional purposes.
These include the following:
- passing on your personal data to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so;
- assertion of legal claims and defence in legal disputes;
- compliance with legal requirements for data retention due to tax legislation, etc.
- To whom do we transmit your data?
We treat your personal data with care and confidentiality and pass such data on to third parties only to the extent described below and no further. We only transmit data to public authorities if there is a legal obligation to do so as a result of a request for information from the competent authority.
Beyond statutory obligations to public authorities, we will only share your information with our third-party providers who assist us in providing the platform, or within the Quandoo Group of Companies.
Other third parties
All of our server hosting services are made available by Google Ireland Limited. The provider processes all data on our behalf and we have subjected it to a strict data processing agreement to ensure the security of the processing in accordance with the legal requirements.
Within the Quandoo Group of Companies
We are part of a worldwide group of affiliated companies of Quandoo GmbH, KulturBrauerei, Schönhauser Allee 36, 10435 Berlin, Germany (“Quandoo DE”). Quandoo DE itself is a wholly owned subsidiary of Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd, 8-4-17 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0061 Japan (“Recruit”). Accordingly, we are obliged to provide Quandoo DE or Recruit with certain information either in accordance with legal reporting requirements or in the normal course of business as a global company. As a rule, all business intelligence data is anonymised to ensure that your right to privacy is respected. However, Quandoo DE or Recruit may also have access to personal, non-anonymised information, such as an internal audit or an audit required by public authorities.
- How long will my data be stored?
We process and store your personal data as long as this is necessary for compliance with our contractual or statutory obligations. Afterwards the data is deleted.
- Do I have to provide data? What happens if I do not provide my data or no longer provide it?
Cookies and other tools on the Quandoo platform
We use the following types of cookies only within the scope of legal regulations and on the basis of the legal foundations specified:
- Necessary cookies: Necessary cookies enable the basic functions on a homepage, such as its navigation or access to protected areas. Our homepage does not function without cookies, or only in a limited manner, meaning that these cookies cannot be deactivated. These cookies are therefore used to execute the contract concluded with you through the use of our website.
- Preference cookies: Preference cookies help us to improve functionality and personalisation. For example, settings can be stored regarding the preferred language. The cookies are used by us or by third parties integrated by us. If they are "first-party cookies", we use the cookies on the basis of our legitimate interest in presenting our website as user-friendly. In all other cases, the legal basis is your consent.
- Statistics cookies: Statistics cookies help us to understand how our users interact with the website. For example, this means that we can analyse how users access our website and how they use it. We use these cookies on the basis of our legitimate interest in the statistical evaluation of the use of our website or your consent.
- Marketing cookies: Marketing cookies help us to track users via various channels and address them in a targeted manner. The aim is to only display interesting and relevant promotional content for users. This is done solely on the basis of your consent.
You can prevent the acceptance of cookies by adjusting your browser settings so that no cookies are accepted at all. However, if you configure this setting in this way, you may not be able to use certain current or future elements of our website.
- Quandoo's own cookies (referred to as "first-party cookies"):
helps to validate the respective user session
Users can prevent the acceptance of first-party cookies by adjusting their browser settings so that no cookies are accepted at all. However, if you configure this setting in this way, you may not be able to use certain current or future elements of our website.
- Cookies and plugins provided by third parties (referred to as "third-party cookies")
Furthermore, we also use the following cookies and tools from third-party providers:
You can prevent cookies from being stored by configuring the operating system settings on your browser or mobile device accordingly. However, please bear in mind that, in this case, you may not be able to make full use all of the functions on our platform. You can also prevent the data produced by the cookie and information relating to your use of our website (including your IP address) being collected by Google and being processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Further information on conditions of use and data protection can be found at
You can object to the creation of a user profile, the storage of data on your use of our website by Hotjar and the use of tracking cookies by Hotjar on other websites by accessing the following link: https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out
To manage your cookie preferences, we use the tool Cookiebot from Cybot A/S Havnegade 39, 1058 Copenhagen, Denmark. The cookie settings selected by you are stored with the aid of a cookie. You can find further information on data privacy here: https://www.cookiebot.com/en/privacy-policy/.
Google Ads & Google Remarketing
With Google Ads & Google Remarketing, users who have already visited our platform and are interested in the relevant offer can be addressed again by targeted advertising on the pages of the Google partner network. Advertising is inserted with the aid of cookies.
Google Marketing Platform
We cooperate with Facebook Inc., 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA, in order to address users again on Facebook. For this purpose, we have integrated Facebook Pixel into our websites. When you visit websites with one of these integrated pixels, non-personal data is automatically transmitted to Facebook for analysing and marketing purposes, which is assigned a user ID by Facebook. As soon as you register with Facebook, Facebook assigns the transmitted data to your Facebook profile and assigns you to certain groups based on your surfing behaviour (so-called custom audiences).
LinkedIn Marketing Solutions
We use the LinkedIn marketing solutions provided by LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland. The integration of LinkedIn pixels on our websites enables us to track the actions of ad visitors to our websites through analytics methods and systems provided by LinkedIn. This integration is implemented for purposes of retargeting. The data collected through the integration include, e.g., company lists, hashed contact information, device identifiers, or Event Data like web pages visited on our website (collectively "Audience Data").
The terms that apply to the use of these LinkedIn marketing services can be found at https://www.linkedin.com/legal/pop/pop-sas-terms. You can manage your LinkedIn advertising preferences (including the option to opt out of targeted advertising) at https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/62931.
We cooperate with various affiliation and display / native ad networks that allow us to display various advertising materials such as banners or other promotional content on so-called publisher websites. Cookies are used to record which users came to our site via the respective advertising medium clicked on and then made a reservation. These cookies do not contain any personal data, but only a pseudonymous user and, in case of affiliation networks, reservation ID, which make it possible to assign them to the respective network. This information is required for the purpose of reporting and payment processing with the relevant network.